M1 Galvanised Mantus Anchor
PRICE:£172.86 – £2,666.94
Mantus Anchor is the best setting and holding boat anchor. Assembles for stowage making it an excellent choice as both a general purpose and a storm anchor.
Sea Gear Supplies are the UK importer and distributor for Mantus anchors. Please go to our Mantus Anchors section to see further information, including testimonials of these unbeatable anchors.
DIGS LIKE NO OTHER
The Mantus Anchor is designed to penetrate dense, grassy bottoms and set with unparalleled holding power. When tested, Mantus anchors set faster and deeper than any other tested anchor, including Rocna, Manson Supreme, Bulwagga, Fortress, Bruce, CQR and Danforth anchors.
EASY TO STORE
The Mantus anchor lineup simply has the best boat anchors available. Whether you are a long range cruiser, racing or going out for a day sail, The Mantus breaks down for easy storage, so you can store one or two as spares without taking up much needed boat space.
- Formed out of high quality steel plate, containing no cast parts.
- Shank and shank boot are welded from top and bottom.
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke.
- ASTM certified steel bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety.
- Although the shank and fluke are attached with 4 bolts, a single bolt has sufficient strength to handle the maximum expected load on the anchor. Bolt Details.
- In the carbon steel version every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanised for corrosion protection. (All shanks are HT ASTM 514 Steel and flukes are mild steel A36 equivalent).
- Sharp-headed nose is precision machined to a perfect chisel shape for maximum penetrating power.
When making sizing recommendations for a working anchor Mantus are generally referring to the needs of a cruising boat spending most of its time on anchor. In doing so they try to envelope high sustained winds (50 kts) and assume poor holding conditions (low viscosity bottoms). When compared to sizing tables from other manufacturers, some may consider these recommendations to be too conservative. Other companies often make claims of superior anchor efficiency, stating that their small anchor X will outperform a much heavier anchor from their competitors and often use sizing charts as a marketing tool to that end, recommending anchors and anchor systems that are dangerously undersized for their intended use. Comparing surface area can be a good judge for potential holding capability.
Mantus' divide their sizing into three categories:
- Lunch Anchor for winds under 30 knots
- Working anchor for winds under 50 knots
- Storm anchor for winds above 50 knots.
See documents below for further details.
See video for more details (link opens in new tab):- https://youtu.be/k1_akedagCI
All prices are inclusive of VAT, delivery to the UK Mainland/Scottish Highlands & Islands will be calculated at check out. Shipping prices to other areas are available on request, please contact us for more information.