M2 Galvanised Mantus Anchor
PRICE:£167.61 – £1,417.95
M2 MANTUS ANCHOR
Mantus Anchor is the best setting and holding boat anchor. Assembles for stowage making it an excellent choice as both a general purpose and a storm anchor. The M2 Anchor, released in 2019, has the same performance characteristics as the original Mantus Anchor, but a more compact profile and can roll over without the need for a roll bar.
Sea Gear Supplies are the UK importer and distributor for Mantus anchors. Please go to our Mantus Anchors section to see further information, including testimonials of these unbeatable anchors.
DIGS LIKE NO OTHER
The Mantus Anchor is designed to penetrate dense, grassy bottoms and set with unparalleled holding power. Expect the Mantus Anchor to set every time the first time!
EASY TO STORE
The Mantus anchor lineup simply has the best boat anchors available. Whether you are a long range cruiser, racing or going out for a day sail, The Mantus breaks down for easy storage, so you can store one or two as spares without taking up much needed boat space. A single bolt is used for the construction of the M2 Anchor to facilitate easy disassembly and storage.
- Formed out of high quality steel plate and high end precision casting
- ASTM certified bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety
- Although the bolt used in the assembly is load bearing, only a fraction of the load is transmitted to the bolt
- In the carbon steel version every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanised for corrosion protection. (All shanks are HT ASTM 514 Steel and flukes are mild steel A36 equivalent)
- Nose of the anchor is reinforced to guarantee a lifetime longevity
DESIGNED FOR FIT
Designed to fit boats with bow sprits and bow pulpits
When making sizing recommendations for a working anchor Mantus are generally referring to the needs of a cruising boat spending most of its time on anchor. In doing so they try to envelope high sustained winds (50 kts) and assume poor holding conditions (low viscosity bottoms). When compared to sizing tables from other manufacturers, some may consider these recommendations to be too conservative. Other companies often make claims of superior anchor efficiency, stating that their small anchor X will outperform a much heavier anchor from their competitors and often use sizing charts as a marketing tool to that end, recommending anchors and anchor systems that are dangerously undersized for their intended use. Comparing surface area can be a good judge for potential holding capability.
Mantus Marine divide their sizing into three categories:
- Lunch Anchor for winds under 30 knots
- Working anchor for winds under 50 knots
- Storm anchor for winds above 50 knots.
See documents below for further sizing information, anchor dimensions and assembly instructions.
See video for more details (link opens in new tab):- https://youtu.be/pZhha6FAueY
All of these prices are inclusive of VAT and delivery to UK Mainland. Shipping prices to outlying UK Islands are available on request, please contact us for more information.